Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Appetizer + The Dark Knight Rises + Staying In
Perfect end to 2012.
Since it’s NYE, and today was also C’s last day at a job he was less than fond of, it seemed only right to celebrate tonight. Celebrating for us almost always means drinking wine and cooking up a whole bunch of good eats.
Usually I go for things that feel a little fancy for celebration dinners, but I have been craving buffalo wings for weeks. They are one of my most favorite guilty pleasures, but I just can’t deal with how unhealthy most buffalo wings are anymore. So when I saw this healthy “wing” makeover on pinterest it was a no-brainer. So what if they clash with our wine? These were awesome!
The recipe is adapted from Clean Green Simple, and it rocks.
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower
1 large head cauliflower cut into pieces
for the batter:
dash of Franks hot sauce
1/2 cup flour
scant 3/4 cup water
for the buffalo sauce:
1/4 cup Franks hot sauce
3 tbls coconut oil
1/8 cup water
Preheat oven to 450 degrees and toss with cauliflower until cauliflower is well coated. Spread on a well greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until batter has hardened.
While cauliflower is baking, mix hot sauce in a separate bowl, reserving a small amount for dipping later. When cauliflower is done baking, brush with hot sauce and then bake for 5 more minutes to let batter harden again.
Serve with additional buffalo sauce and ranch or blue cheese for dipping.
- dildoinspector likes this
- amplifytheworld likes this
- coeurdepiratess reblogged this from wingdingingit
- wingdingingit reblogged this from twobirdsbuildanest
- wingdingingit likes this
- deethatgurl reblogged this from twobirdsbuildanest
- deethatgurl likes this
- kaleidoscopicbrainwaves reblogged this from twobirdsbuildanest
- my-little-kumquat likes this
- captain-kale likes this
- gorecats reblogged this from twobirdsbuildanest
- twobirdsbuildanest posted this